Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Anyone finding any really great Cyber Monday deals on hats out there? DelMonico has 15% for online orders through the end of the month. Stetson.com is giving 25% off today (Monday).

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
What is the posting etiquette regarding links to items for sale (not by me nor anyone affiliated/endorsed by me) that may be of interest to others? For example, on more than one occasion our larger headed brethren have lamented the lack of appropriately sized vintage hats being available on the market. For every 7-1/2+ there's a dozen (or more) 6-7/8 listings on eBay.

I personally have little to no interest in buying hats online that wouldn't naturally fit. If I come across one, however, I would like to pay it forward and pass along the info so that others could enjoy. Now, I am not so arrogant to believe that I am a hat searching ninja and know of a hidden treasure trove. In all likelihood others on here have seen the same hats (and more) than I have when trolling through different sites.

That being said, should I just keep my mouth shut? I personally enjoy the hunt. (It sort of reminds me of looking for morel mushrooms in the spring.) Would a friendly link with the best intentions ruin it for others?

If this question has been asked before, please forgive my ignorance. I did try searching for this topic but by no means was my search exhaustive.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
What is the posting etiquette regarding links to items for sale (not by me nor anyone affiliated/endorsed by me) that may be of interest to others? For example, on more than one occasion our larger headed brethren have lamented the lack of appropriately sized vintage hats being available on the market. For every 7-1/2+ there's a dozen (or more) 6-7/8 listings on eBay.

I personally have little to no interest in buying hats online that wouldn't naturally fit. If I come across one, however, I would like to pay it forward and pass along the info so that others could enjoy. Now, I am not so arrogant to believe that I am a hat searching ninja and know of a hidden treasure trove. In all likelihood others on here have seen the same hats (and more) than I have when trolling through different sites.

That being said, should I just keep my mouth shut? I personally enjoy the hunt. (It sort of reminds me of looking for morel mushrooms in the spring.) Would a friendly link with the best intentions ruin it for others?

If this question has been asked before, please forgive my ignorance. I did try searching for this topic but by no means was my search exhaustive.
Hey Guy:
At least you had sense enough to ask!!
My opinion.. best just to PM those you think might be interested in whatever. Many appreciate that and return the favor.
If you broadcast it...it could very well affect the outcome of an auction and your well being...ha ha
B
Ps:the secret code word is “The Dark Lounge”.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here

We are all friends here but... we are also each others main competition for the limited number of vintage hats. Therefore if I know someone is looking for a particular hat I may very well send them a PM. But I would never post the information. The person I was trying to help would much prefer a private message. He may already know about it and does not want any additional competitors.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Hey Guy:
My opinion.. best just to PM those you think might be interested in whatever. Many appreciate that and return the favor.
If you broadcast it...it could very well affect the outcome of an auction and your well being...ha ha
B
"The Dark Lounge" LOL. I remember Brent saying what you just said when I was barely started in the Lounge. I really liked him for saying it before I messed up.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

The proper etiquette for hats 7 5/8 to 7 3/4 is to send me a PM with the link. I’ll take it from there. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bobm

A-List Customer
I don't really need a Worth and Worth hand dyed panama, do I?

I just can't see to pull the trigger on one of these hats, which in and of itself may be a sign. I know these won't be everyone's cup of tea here, as they are decidedly "fashion" hats, but I really like a lot of their hats.

timthumb.php

timthumb.php

Sure, they're price/weave count ratio is not great...and we're heading into winter. But they're having a black Friday sale, so this is the least over priced they will get.

I agree with your assessment.
Of the two I like the second one. Having been to the Worth and Worth showroom a few times - now on 57th St, as recently as last week, they are as you mention in another post, very "fashion forward" hats. And if you have seen or met the owner Orlando, you see that he exemplifies that very look himself. The hats are all custom made - no one will find the typical classic models Stratoliners, OR, etc here.

Then there is JJ Hats on 5th Ave that's been around forever, offering many of the more traditional as well as custom made hats. Both places serve there customer bases well and are quite an experience to visit.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Can anyone give me a quick narrative on Campbell brand hats?

I found the Campbell thread. Any idea when they went out of business?

Last edited:

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Hey Guy:
B

We are all friends here but... we are also each others main competition for the limited number of vintage hats. Therefore if I know someone is looking for a particular hat I may very well send them a PM. But I would never post the information. The person I was trying to help would much prefer a private message. He may already know about it and does not want any additional competitors.

The proper etiquette for hats 7 5/8 to 7 3/4 is to send me a PM with the link. I’ll take it from there. ;)

Thanks all for the responses. PM it'll be.

+1 We are family here. Sometimes a dysfunctional one, but family all the same.

Does a diamond pattern on the liner of a modern Open Road have any significance?

View attachment 146518

I associate it with the square size tag that does not yet have metric combination sizing. All of mine from that era have had poor, stiff, and coarse felt. I’ll still get them if they’re cheap enough; I don’t mind making alterations on these undesirable hats. They can make rugged outdoors type hats that can take abuse...and deflect bullets. As long as you know what you’re getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR