Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FMG1991

New in Town
Beginner Questions

Hi community :)

I finally got my first Borsalino. Classic, black :)
I love it!

But I have some questions:
- How do you store your hats when you come home and don't want to put it in the hatbox, since u are going to wear it soon again?
- When you are in a restaurant, caffe,... how do you place your Fedora on the table, on its top, or the way it sits on the head?
- Whats the deal with cleaning it only counter-clockwise.

I really hope, that you can help me :)

Thanks!!

FMG

job

One Too Many
th_images25.jpg
th_hathooks004-1.jpg
th_hathooks001-1-1.jpg

Keep it on your head or on a chair beside you.
The way a hat is made you need to brush a hat counter clockwise or you would raise the felt up making it look hairy.

RBH

Bartender
Last edited:

RBH

Bartender
Thank you for the quick answer :)

So, the brim is the most sensible part of a fedora?

What do you think about something like this:
http://www.manufactum.de/huthaken-messing-p761583/?c=0&suchbegriff=haken
I would like to use something like this as long, as I don't need the hat for a longer period.

Do you just put the hat over it, or how is it used? It has two hooks.

Yes, I have a couple of those type hooks that I hang hats on.
They work just fine. Just hang the hat on it. The small hook can be used to hang a jacket on.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Question about Resistol, San Antonio felt quality. I’ve looked through the Resistol Roundup and the Brotherhood of the Thin Ribbons, to no avail.

The San Antonio that I have shows no felt designation, it’s just labeled San Antonio. Was the name San Antonio used as a felt designation? Any help would be appreciated.

Question about Resistol, San Antonio felt quality. I’ve looked through the Resistol Roundup and the Brotherhood of the Thin Ribbons, to no avail.

The San Antonio that I have shows no felt designation, it’s just labeled San Antonio. Was the name San Antonio used as a felt designation? Any help would be appreciated.

A model like Open Road

monbla256

Call Me a Cab

That was Resistol's version of an Open Road. It was the hat that LBJ wore. Had nothing to do with felt quality, was just a model designation.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I don't think so, but I've experienced the same. It may be that many of the hats are wool and have shrunk. It may also be the style of construction... the narrow head band (compared to the wide leather sweat on a fedora) might require a little more room for comfort. I tend to find the same thing with berets. Too tight and they make headlines... kinda like corduroy pillows.
Thanks!

mrgatsby

New in Town
Hi,
I'd like to know what the consensus is on the price that this Borsalino fetched on ebay. It seems like it's in very nice shape and I was tempted. It got $225.00 shipped

http://

Last edited:

Thunderball

One of the Regulars
New guy here. I live near Huntsville, AL (allmost TN about middleof the state E-W) Anyhow, I want a real hat. I need a real hat maker. I found Buckaroo on this site. He is about 4 hours away. I was wondering if there are any other makers closer. Maybe Nashville?

Judging from the off the shelf hats I have worn in the past, I must have a long oval pinhead. Always tight on the front and back and usually too short on the crown.

New guy here. I live near Huntsville, AL (allmost TN about middleof the state E-W) Anyhow, I want a real hat. I need a real hat maker. I found Buckaroo on this site. He is about 4 hours away. I was wondering if there are any other makers closer. Maybe Nashville?

Judging from the off the shelf hats I have worn in the past, I must have a long oval pinhead. Always tight on the front and back and usually too short on the crown.

I live north of Atlanta & Buckaroo is about the closest for me as well. I do have Sackett's near Jasper that carries Beaver Brand fedoras along with their western hats.
There is one store downtown Atlanta where the APD Hat Squad buy their lids but neither of these places are hat makers, just sellers. Welcome to the Lounge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn