Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Last edited:

Otateral

Familiar Face
Does anybody have any info on Creighton hats, where I could do some reading? A google search and FL search turned up nothing of value.

Denton

One of the Regulars
I'm going to be in Chicago later this week, and want to stop by Optimo Hats. Not to buy or commission a hat, but just to check it out. Optimo has two locations, one Southside and the other downtown. I think the Southside location is where Optimo first set up shop, correct? So is that the place to see? Or does it not make any difference?

chazwazzle

New in Town
Where to buy my hat...if this can even happen

I want to get an Open Road size 7 3/4. But all of them are regular ovals when i need a long oval. Is there a company that I can buy from and get them to stretch it to a long oval before shipping it to me? Anyone know if there is a place that will do it? I'm in Montana and surprisingly enough I can't find anyone close that deals with hat shaping. Thanks for helping!

job

One Too Many
If you don't find anyone just steam the sweat area and wear it and you will make it a long oval. It may take a few times.

job

One Too Many
All of my Akubras have conformed to my extra long oval head just by wearing them awhile. The Akubra Campdraft is basically a old style Open road. Its cheaper and more durable than the Open road also IMHO.

Last edited:

Aerol

A-List Customer
I'm going to be in Chicago later this week, and want to stop by Optimo Hats. Not to buy or commission a hat, but just to check it out. Optimo has two locations, one Southside and the other downtown. I think the Southside location is where Optimo first set up shop, correct? So is that the place to see? Or does it not make any difference?

It really depends upon where you're going to be and how much time you want to spend. The new location is in the Loop, an easy walk or cab ride from almost anywhere in the main business areas. The original location is 30 minutes by car from downtown. You can also get there by public transportation. I suggest you call Optimo for directions, as I've only driven there.

Either one is a treat.

Otateral

Familiar Face
I saw reference to a thread about the different ways to crease hats, but it either doesn't exist anymore or I somehow don't have permission to view it. Is there another thread or resource for this info?

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
just picked up a nice Resistol western on the bay for a song. It had an ugly band on it that when I took off had a nice thin ribbon. Here is my problem. the ugly band was held in place with a Sheplers pin stuck right dead center on the front of the crown. How can I close up the pin hole on the hat?

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
just picked up a nice Resistol western on the bay for a song. It had an ugly band on it that when I took off had a nice thin ribbon. Here is my problem. the ugly band was held in place with a Sheplers pin stuck right dead center on the front of the crown. How can I close up the pin hole on the hat?

I doubt there is a way to actually close the hole, but a vigorous brushing will probably disguise it a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo