Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a question about Resistol nomenclature.

I see plenty of models that are named Resistol Melorol "model name here". Can anybody tell me what the Melorol refers to?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
As for that Depp hat, I loved it the minute I saw it. I bought a black Resistol to try and imitate the crease and curl on my own, but without much success. The brim looks to me like a sharp 90 degree upturn. It's really fantastic, and could certainly be reproduced by any number of the custom hatters around here. Buckaroo and Black Sheep come to mind.

RokkerMan

New in Town
As for that Depp hat, I loved it the minute I saw it. I bought a black Resistol to try and imitate the crease and curl on my own, but without much success. The brim looks to me like a sharp 90 degree upturn. It's really fantastic, and could certainly be reproduced by any number of the custom hatters around here. Buckaroo and Black Sheep come to mind.

I knew I wasn't alone! It's more interesting than a standard pencil or kettle curl to me because of the angle. If you find out anything more let me know and I'll do the same!

helsabot

New in Town
I know this is very base-level knowledge, but asking seems faster than wading through the many Panama-related threads. Are Brisa and Cuenca different types of weaves, or does a Brisa weave come from Cuenca? Or neither of these things? Also, does Montecristi describe both where the hat is purchased and the type of weave, or is there a different name for the weave that creates a Montecristi? Much appreciated in advance.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know this is very base-level knowledge, but asking seems faster than wading through the many Panama-related threads. Are Brisa and Cuenca different types of weaves, or does a Brisa weave come from Cuenca? Or neither of these things? Also, does Montecristi describe both where the hat is purchased and the type of weave, or is there a different name for the weave that creates a Montecristi? Much appreciated in advance.

I don't know it off the top of my head, but perhaps this video might help. About the Cuenca & Brisa Weave of Panama Hats

Connoisseur_BP

Familiar Face
What would be a good price to list a 1950's Cavanagh Edge at? What I mean is what are they generally going for these days? The one I am referring to is in very good condition without the original box, size 7 1/4.

m0nk

One Too Many
Businesses that have email addresses published on the web often get thousands of spam messages in a weeks time.
Parker at Falcon Park also has a busy schedule and sometimes it takes a while for him to get back. For the price, his hats are amazing and there are a lot of satisfied customers, even if there is a tad delay in responding to emails. Give him time and he'll get back to you.

Pille91

New in Town
Hey

I'm from Germany and new to this Forum and have actually no idea about hats, but I found a beautiful hat at my late grandfathers house and wanted to know what kind of hat and how old it is. I remember him always wearing hats and he had an awful lot of them so maybe you can help me out with this one. Maybe I can also look for others at his place.
What I know is that it is a Mayser Milz hat, he bought at a hat vendor in Stuttgart called "Hut-Schad", that I'm not able to find at the internet. I hope you can help me a little with the pics. I also don't think that it is too old maybe 80s or 90s?

I don't know how to upload pics so :/

Last edited:

m0nk

One Too Many
Hey

I'm from Germany and new to this Forum and have actually no idea about hats, but I found a beautiful hat at my late grandfathers house and wanted to know what kind of hat and how old it is. I remember him always wearing hats and he had an awful lot of them so maybe you can help me out with this one. Maybe I can also look for others at his place.
What I know is that it is a Mayser Milz hat, he bought at a hat vendor in Stuttgart called "Hut-Schad", that I'm not able to find at the internet. I hope you can help me a little with the pics. I also don't think that it is too old maybe 80s or 90s?

There are a lot of guys here who would almost certainly be able to help some, though it might be helpful if you were to take pictures of the hat overall, and of the inside lining and sweat-band.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Hey

Welcome to the Lounge.
Pics would be very helpful, so that would be the first thing to do.

Btw, you can send and receive PM (private messages) once you have 15 posts. Just post some "love that hat" and you're there in no time.

How to post pics:

1. Compress original pics to a size of 300-600 KB (about 900 or 1100 pixel at the longer side of the image) for a decent image resolution. If you don't know which image viewing/ converting program to use, I suggest downloading the freeware program Fast Stone Image Viewer, it's very easy to handle if you're a Windows user.

2. Upload the image files to an image hosting site like Photobucket and copy & paste the IMG code into the message text of your Fedora Lounge posts.
The Photobucket IMG code looks like this:
http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j373/KM25man/VS-ribbonbows.jpg[/IMG
...but with an extra "]" bracket at the end which I left out so that you can see the code and not the image.

[B]Note:[/B]
You can't post full resolution images (4-5 MB file size), but you can post links to such images in addition to posting the compressed files - or just as an alternative (if it makes things easier for you):
If you're a Dropbox user, copy the original full resolution pics into the public folder of your Dropbox and copy & paste the public link into your Fedora Lounge posts.

Pille91

New in Town
Wow thank you very much! I hope this will work!
There are also the Letters " F " and " W " in it, but I don't know what they'd mean, becuase it wouldn't fit to any Name.
So here are some pics:

s6cla8uc.jpg

85zt45k5.jpg

ugrfugoj.jpg

p7cofw32.jpg

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Welcome there is a thread on the forum on German hat manufactor's
German-amp-Austrian-Hutmachers

To put images on the forum you need to use an image hosting provider or a service like DropBox then use the Image icon and select the from url option
and uncheck the "retrieve remote file and reference locally"
Place the url for the image itself in the box and press the ok button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo