Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DanO

One of the Regulars
That is what I was thinking, due the times I am unable to wander the local hardware store looking for things.
However just found 1/2 X 20' on Amazon for $3.50, lots of hats will get it.

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
Ok this question probably needs its own thread, but I figured I would ask here first. I have searched the forum but I can’t seem to find anything on this subject.

I suffer from single sided deafness. I have an appointment at the medical university next month about hearing device options. A traditional hearing aid is not a solution for my hearing loss. Bone conduction devices are available to help me. These devices mount externally to the back of a persons skull. I want to hear on my left side, but I also want to keep wearing my fedoras. Do any of my fellow Fedora Lounge members use Bone Anchored Hearing Aid (BAHA) system’s? If you do, did your hat wearing cause any issues? Thanks. :)

BAHA Image:
44B17726-2B52-4BD1-9820-BD7D0A4A1733.jpeg

Steven

Anyone know where to get this for reinforcing the tip of a panama hat crease?

View attachment 232606
I sent a good quality Panama into my hatter to be reblocked. The straw cracked at the top of the bash/pinch area. It was clean almost like it was sliced with an exacto knife. I had some soft deer hide leather kicking around in a tan colour. I glued that on the underside and it worked a charm. Break does not show and it should prevent further splitting.

Ok this question probably needs its own thread, but I figured I would ask here first. I have searched the forum but I can’t seem to find anything on this subject.

I suffer from single sided deafness. I have an appointment at the medical university next month about hearing device options. A traditional hearing aid is not a solution for my hearing loss. Bone conduction devices are available to help me. These devices mount externally to the back of a persons skull. I want to hear on my left side, but I also want to keep wearing my fedoras. Do any of my fellow Fedora Lounge members use Bone Anchored Hearing Aid (BAHA) system’s? If you do, did your hat wearing cause any issues? Thanks. :)

BAHA Image:
View attachment 232732

Steven

Thanks for bringing this issue to light, Steven. I’ve never thought about it.
My first guess would be that the worse case scenario is you need to tilt your lids the other way now...

Emilis

Familiar Face
Good day to you all!

I cannot seem to find the topic about building a sweatband... Could anyone be so kind as to drop me a link?

Thank you in advance!

Good day to you all!

I cannot seem to find the topic about building a sweatband... Could anyone be so kind as to drop me a link?

Thank you in advance!

Do you mean actually making a sweatband from scratch? There are several threads on sewing on a sweatband, but not so many on “making” a sweatband. Just want to be sure I understand what it is you’re asking.

Emilis

Familiar Face
Do you mean actually making a sweatband from scratch? There are several threads on sewing on a sweatband, but not so many on “making” a sweatband. Just want to be sure I understand what it is you’re asking.

Yes you're right @deadlyhandsome , I didn't point that out. I'm actually looking for a thread on sewing on a sweatband (from buying a sweatband online, to sewing it to the hat).

Yes you're right @deadlyhandsome , I didn't point that out. I'm actually looking for a thread on sewing on a sweatband (from buying a sweatband online, to sewing it to the hat).

So, you’re not looking for information on “building a sweatband,” but rather just installing one...right?

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/stitch-awl-tutorial-sweatband-installation.38010/

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/replacing-sweatband.18111/

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/sewing-in-a-sweatband.3852/

There are many more threads that are easy to find if you use Google to search The Fedora Lounge.

Emilis

Familiar Face
TWO QUESTIONS:

How do you choose the length of a sweatband? If my head size is 59mm, my guess would be that the sweatband should be abit smaller, isn't it?

Has anyone seen a video on how you deconstruct a hats liner?

In advance, Thank You!

TWO QUESTIONS:

How do you choose the length of a sweatband? If my head size is 59mm, my guess would be that the sweatband should be abit smaller, isn't it?

Has anyone seen a video on how you deconstruct a hats liner?

In advance, Thank You!

Sweatbands should be cut to your hat size. The felt should be blocked one size up to accommodate the sweatband. A 7 3/8 block is actually about 60 cm in circumference.

Emilis

Familiar Face
Sweatbands should be cut to your hat size. The felt should be blocked one size up to accommodate the sweatband. A 7 3/8 block is actually about 60 cm in circumference.
And if the block was made NOT a size up, but the actual size, will that 'feel' alot on the head?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana