Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Yes, I have been taking a glance around, however not in any organized manner.
Many of the lists of links do not seem to work for me. I always get some kind of error code, not certain why, perhaps a problem with the settings on my new phone which is rapidly becoming my go-to browsing device.
Thanks for asking, I will continue to investigate here.
Persevere....there is no better "one stop" place the the Lounge. It is by far the best, most thorough repository of hat knowledge that I have found>

Yes, I have been taking a glance around, however not in any organized manner.
Many of the lists of links do not seem to work for me. I always get some kind of error code, not certain why, perhaps a problem with the settings on my new phone which is rapidly becoming my go-to browsing device.
Thanks for asking, I will continue to investigate here.

There are two issues (at least) here: based on how photos were included in the past, and even recently in more limited cases, many of the photos are no longer visible. Second, the Fedora Lounge recently went through a big upgrade and not all the links work now. The threads are still there, but the links don’t work. If you find a tread that you’re interested in, type it’s name into a Google search followed by “the fedora lounge” and you’ll get there. You have to work for some of the information, but it’s worth it and we can’t complain about the price!

JakeHacker

New in Town
There are two issues (at least) here: based on how photos were included in the past, and even recently in more limited cases, many of the photos are no longer visible. Second, the Fedora Lounge recently went through a big upgrade and not all the links work now. The threads are still there, but the links don’t work. If you find a tread that you’re interested in, type it’s name into a Google search followed by “the fedora lounge” and you’ll get there. You have to work for some of the information, but it’s worth it and we can’t complain about the price!
Thank you for the search work-around option. I am used to working for information however I do like to actually get there, your suggested approach seems to do the trick.

Reblevi

New in Town
Hi All,
New to the forum.
Was wondering if anyone knows if or what starch one can use to clean a fur felt Fedora?
Thanks!
Levi

Reblevi

New in Town
I sell fedora hats and I also offer reshaping and cleaning, mostly fur felt, and I have ways to clean them, though I saw mixed opinions on using starch.

Also, many hats come with old stains. I can't usually get them off, they are deep in the felt. So more for spot I guess.

Thank you .

I sell fedora hats and I also offer reshaping and cleaning, mostly fur felt, and I have ways to clean them, though I saw mixed opinions on using starch.

Also, many hats come with old stains. I can't usually get them off, they are deep in the felt. So more for spot I guess.

Thank you .
Have you tried Naptha bathing them? I too refurbish vintage hats. My first line is to deconstruct them taking them back to just felt. I use a warm water bath Using Orvis paste, an effective but gentle fibre detergent. If the staining is bad I will give the felt a full bath in naptha....soaking them for an extended period and using a gentle plastic bristled brush for the stubborn stains. Google - "Fedora Lounge, naptha bath" as there is an extensive thread on this. I have never success using baking soda, corn startch or such to remove stains. Usually the hats I get as vintage have either extensive shelf dust or overall dirt and need a good clean to bring back the lustre to the felt. I will then 'lure' the felt to bring out the lustre to the felt as a last step.

Nate98

New in Town
Can anyone identify or provide more info on this hat? All I know is Royal Deluxe, which is more about the material used than the hat style, correct? And a guess is that it is from the 50's. I found it for sale online, but that is all of the info the seller knows. Thanks.

m_wp.jpg

m_wp_2.jpg

Can anyone identify or provide more info on this hat? All I know is Royal Deluxe, which is more about the material used than the hat style, correct? And a guess is that it is from the 50's. I found it for sale online, but that is all of the info the seller knows. Thanks.

View attachment 408780

View attachment 408781
If you use Google, search "The Fedora Lounge, dating Stetson hats. It will lead you to a huge pool of information on age dating your hat. Luckily you8 have the size sticker under the little bow and that will get you close. Style wise it looks more 1960's vintage.

View attachment 408780

View attachment 408781

I’d say mid-1960s or even ‘70s, but my money is on the mid to late 1960s. It’s a stingy brim fedora, but there isn’t a way to determine the actual model name that I can see. This is very common as most vintage hats did not have their model names printed anywhere on the hat. Nothing “wrong” with the hat if you like the style and hats with small proportions. This hat is from a time when Stetson, like most US hat companies, was at the top of their game but all that matters is if you like it.

Nate98

New in Town
Thanks for the Google lookup info. By the shape of the square size tag and only in US size ( 7 3/8 but not 59), I think deadlyhandsome is right with the mid-60s to 70s. I'll know more soon when it arrives in the mail.

Michael Smith

New in Town
Hello, all! I am brand-new here, and am seeking any info, opinion, etc. about a hat I just purchased. It is a cobalt blue fedora, from a company called "Michael Zechbauer", distributed by Mayser. Does anyone have any experience with this company? It seems to me to be a gorgeous hat, but the brand is new to me. Thoughts, opinions?

Attachments

• Mike blue fedora.jpg
    Mike blue fedora.jpg
    985.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Blue fedora lining.jpg
    Blue fedora lining.jpg
    731.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Blue fedora tag.jpg
    Blue fedora tag.jpg
    870.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Blue fedora.jpg
    Blue fedora.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
Hello, all! I am brand-new here, and am seeking any info, opinion, etc. about a hat I just purchased. It is a cobalt blue fedora, from a company called "Michael Zechbauer", distributed by Mayser. Does anyone have any experience with this company? It seems to me to be a gorgeous hat, but the brand is new to me. Thoughts, opinions?
There's some basic promotional information here. Mr. Zechbauer seems to be your average fashion designer who specializes in hats and caps. Assuming this is the same hat in a different color, they claim it's made from Antelope fur.

Other than that, my opinion is the same as always--if you like the hat and feel comfortable with the asking price, make it yours and enjoy it!

Michael Smith

New in Town
There's some basic promotional information here. Mr. Zechbauer seems to be your average fashion designer who specializes in hats and caps. Assuming this is the same hat in a different color, they claim it's made from Antelope fur.

Other than that, my opinion is the same as always--if you like the hat and feel comfortable with the asking price, make it yours and enjoy it!
Hey, Zomb! Thanx for the info. The company has, apparently, been around since 1800! I think this specific model may have been discontinued, as I cannot find another one just like it. I appreciate you guiding me to the black version, which looks pretty much identical.

The Shoe

One Too Many
Advice please. When I took off my bowler today, the sweat band seemed to stick to my forehead a bit more than usual. Upon further inspection, the sweat is coming away from the inside of the hat in several places. This is not entirely surprising as Stefan @steur had made me fully aware of the sweatband issues before purchase. But I am wondering what the best course of action is. Reattach the original sweatband? Replace it?
Peter @daizawaguy, I know you have recommended Metamorphosia before. How do you think they would handle this? Or should I send them photos and ask for advice?
Thanks in advance to Peter and Stefan and anyone else who can give me some advice.
6B439489-0C43-4D4A-9D4E-22E02608C63D.jpeg
999DD311-2250-4508-BEE0-F8AC12815962.jpeg
F1AC89AC-BAD5-4ED0-870F-9D5609989052.jpeg
33F2ADEE-3B4D-49DE-BEE1-34784BAD5820.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch