Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Louis Mountbatten

One of the Regulars
Probably a thread about this somewhere but can someone give me a quick how-to on replacing a wide grosgrain ribbon with a thin one?
Mighty thanks if you can.
Be careful with this. Before taking off the wider ribbon, make sure the hat has not faded above the band but is still the original color underneath. The last thing you want is to take off a ribbon and then have two different colors of felt showing.

Digital Trekker

New in Town
I am in PV for a week. Apparently there used to be some Panama hats here (jibijaba?). But I can’t find any. All I see is tourist grade cheap crap. Anyone know where I might find a shop that still sells quality hats here? Ive be been told I can buy a Panama online cheaper that one I might find here. But I’d like to try. If for no other reason that the experience.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I am in PV for a week. Apparently there used to be some Panama hats here (jibijaba?). But I can’t find any. All I see is tourist grade cheap crap. Anyone know where I might find a shop that still sells quality hats here? Ive be been told I can buy a Panama online cheaper that one I might find here. But I’d like to try. If for no other reason that the experience.
What is PV?

I see your location is Malaysia. I spent ten years in Melaka. Where are you?

I have yet to find a decent hat shop in tourist Mexico. Either cheap crap at a cheap price or slightly higher grade crap at a stupid high price.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
You might PM @drmaxtejeda.
He lives in Mexico City and knows a thing or two about hats.
B

Anyone know where the two-cell (Finisher and Depth) Stetson factory sticker falls in the time line. I would guess in the 1900 to 1915 range, but not sure if early or late.

15B35D07-8E31-4137-BDD2-9428D28F6F84.jpeg

C0A7142C-41DA-4F5F-8022-01F3FD6707E5.jpeg

3440E9D9-A333-4123-BACB-0E2FB76CB8BF.jpeg

Similar hat with the three-cell (Block, Depth and Finish) sticker:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/pre-1940s-stetson-dress-hats.42859/page-8#post-1190939

1689186528340.jpeg

Happy

New in Town
In summer 2023 is there any trouble in ordering a hat from Australia?
By trouble, I mean coming into the USA are hat taxed or otherwise held by US customs?
Thank you, this is all new to me............... no Saltwater croc headbands on my order.
Ordered from Everything Australian on July 4th. The hat hit US Customs on July 7, sent to Post Office on July 10 and arrived to me in Kansas on the 12th. Not bad!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24