Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

European Fedoras

birddog

New in Town
Does anyone have European, preferably a Continental source for fedora hats? I'm looking for a gray model similiar to thatworn by Howard Hughes in his HK-1 flying boat photos.

I live in Germany & because of the hat's size, I prefer to minimize shipping costs which could be much higher than the hat itself. Also, I don't need a really expensive one either, just a nice middle cost version.

Thanks-to-All,
Birddog

SMCK

New in Town
Try www.hatshopping.com who are in Munster. they have had some poor reviews here but I have bought from them and they are fine; wether they have a Hughes or not I dont know.also adventurebilts partner Marc Kitter is in Germany might make you whatever you need. dont remember address though, You might find it here. Best of luck in your search.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I cant believe that you cant find a hat in Germany. Mayser makes beautiful hats . They are Germanys largest hat manufacturer . I believe that there is a store called Collins Hut but I dont remeber where it is . Look up hat stores in your local phone directory. There must be at least one in Berlin or Munich.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

P.S We do ship to Germany at least once a week !

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Marc Kitter/ Adventurebilt hats: Adventurebilt Deluxe
ABDeluxe6a.jpg

birddog

New in Town
Gentlemen,

I've checked out "Hat Shopping" referenced in the first reply email, and they seem to have the best balance of style vs.cost, so I'll most likely go with them.

The hat will be used as a "costume prop" with my '46 Fairchild 24W, seen with my name. I'll report back later on the quality.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Birddog

birddog

New in Town
Gentlemen,

I did some more homework. Hughes hat was brown.

Give me a vote guys. What goes with the plane,brown or grey?

Many Thanks,
Birddog

Davidson

One of the Regulars
I vote charcoal gray with...

a custom red and white hat band to match the paint job.

Or a straw in blonde that matches the prop, again with a "color scheme" ribbon. This one for pictures at the front of the a/c.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Re: European hats...

In my experience, most contemporary European hats have an amount of taper to the crown, which doesn't quite DO the "vintage American hat" look.

This taper is sometimes hard to spot in web site photos, due to camera angles and other camera-induced optical illusions.

B
T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats