Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fashions of the 1940's-Video Link

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Do I need this pink dress and matching snood or what?

21723649_l.png

Kimberly

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
Give me pink and give me fussy!

LOL Pink, I hear you. I like plain, fussy, pink, red, black, it doesn't matter. I love it all. :D

You would look adorable in that pink dress though.

:eek:fftopic: I really need to learn how to use the sewing machine I bought at the yard sale. I would love to learn how to sew pretty dresses from patterns somewhat similar to what was on the video. I don't even know how to thread the darn needle though.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Kimberly said:
I really need to learn how to use the sewing machine I bought at the yard sale. I would love to learn how to sew pretty dresses from patterns somewhat similar to what was on the video. I don't even know how to thread the darn needle though.

i SWEAR learning to thread is the hardest part of sewing!! promise :)

Kimberly

Practically Family
ShooShooBaby said:
i SWEAR learning to thread is the hardest part of sewing!! promise :)

Yes I remember that when I took sewing! It's funny because all of the stuff I learned in sewing about hand sewing is still etched in my mind and I never lost it, but sewing with a machine is far out of my memory. :rolleyes:

I am going to start lurking in the sewing thread here and may ask for guidance if need be. :eusa_doh: :D

ETA: I just found a video on youtube that will teach me how to do it. I swear I don't remember any of this except threading the needle part.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5797869205826241189&q=how+to+thread+a+sewing+machine

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Kimberly said:
LOL!! Everyone including the gentlemen need to see this video. It is a minute long video clip from the 30's that has fashion designers predicting what people will be dressed like in the year 2000!!! :eek: :eek: lol

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8605137755106403889&q=1930s

OH MAN!!!!! I LOVED THIS!!!!! I really, really love predictions of how 2000 will be! It made my morning. Thanks!

Men will be fitted with a phone -- lol, sort of true :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy