Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Hey Bowen,

I appreciate the reply! I will keep you guys posted and as soon as I have it home, I will shoot you some pic's.

John
Greetings John et al:
Smart man John! Will save you tons $ in the future.
Took me a couple houses and 2-3 cars to figure that one out!
Enjoy your Chicago trip and tell my sister hi, she’s the redhead. Ha
Be well. Bowen

Leon_G

New in Town
Hi all,

Joined the group a short while back and have been reading a lot through the threads. I saw in a few of the treads mention of a Stetson Outlet store in Garland, TX and that a good person to speak with there by the name of Candy. Can I find out how to contact the store/person to inquire about specific hats, shipping info, etc? It sounds like everyones experience with them is positive, so thought I'd do some checking. While the prospect of discounted Stetson hats makes me happy, my wallet is VERY afraid !! :)

Seeing lots of nice hats here on the site, and pretty envious of a few of the styles. I can see my collection growing.

Leon

Hi, Leon. Welcome to the lounge.

We have an entire thread dedicated to answering your question(s).

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/the-hatco-outlet-store-in-garland-tx.24063/

We have myriad threads on myriad subjects here at the FL. You can usually find something if you do a site search.

Also, Candy is on maternity leave.

Don't look at me like that. I haven't been down there in two years!

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

...Will probably need to be in the RV to take home my haul :)...
Or...

5Tz2UcJ.jpg

Welcome to The Lounge!

Tennjed

New in Town
Hello. New here to posting but been reading this forum for a while. I have a few hats, guess I'm a hat guy, but I'm far from the experts that most of you are.

I like akubra's. I mainly wear "outback" style
I have and Akubra Angler, Cattleman, and two snowy rivers. Also have a couple of more Western style beaver Stetsons.

But I want a wide brim fedora. Maybe an Indy style. I don't want a real formal classic short brim fedora. Something like a Indy or even a safari.

I do want a bound brim. And I want it in chocolate brown

Like I said I'm a big Akubra fan. If they have any 2.75" brim hats I'd love to look at them. Any other suggestions you think will fit are appreciated.

Place is great. Thanks for your time

Edit to add. I want fur not wool. Lined hat. Like to keep it under $140

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Hello. New here to posting but been reading this forum for a while. I have a few hats, guess I'm a hat guy, but I'm far from the experts that most of you are.

I like akubra's. I mainly wear "outback" style
I have and Akubra Angler, Cattleman, and two snowy rivers. Also have a couple of more Western style beaver Stetsons.

But I want a wide brim fedora. Maybe an Indy style. I don't want a real formal classic short brim fedora. Something like a Indy or even a safari.

I do want a bound brim. And I want it in chocolate brown

Like I said I'm a big Akubra fan. If they have any 2.75" brim hats I'd love to look at them. Any other suggestions you think will fit are appreciated.

Place is great. Thanks for your time

Edit to add. I want fur not wool. Lined hat. Like to keep it under $140

Sounds like the Akubra Campdraft in cedar brown is just what you're looking for. Our friend Moon has prehaps the best photos of one, so you can get a good overall view. http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/akubra-campdraft-in-cedar-brown-58.88988/

RJR

That was my first thought as well, but the Campdraft doesn't appear to be available in Cedar Brown any more; I couldn't even find one listed on evilBay. :confused:

Welcome to The Lounge Tennjed!
Try R M Williams,i believe they have a dark brown version.

Tennjed

New in Town
Sounds like the Akubra Campdraft in cedar brown is just what you're looking for. Our friend Moon has prehaps the best photos of one, so you can get a good overall view. http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/akubra-campdraft-in-cedar-brown-58.88988/
Thanks. Not a fan of the crown though. I like pinch front crowns. I know you can reshape, but how easy would it be for someone who has never altered a crown to turn the campdraft into a pinch front?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner