Lost Worlds "Ryder" Leather Vest / Waistcoat

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Monitor, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

This probably isn't thread-worthy, especially compared to some of the stuff you guys have been posting recently but then again, where else could I talk about it if not here? :)

I've been looking for a really cool leather vest since forever. Nearly gave up on the search until someone linked this in the deals thread two weeks ago. Had 20+ people watching it at the time, I threw in a single bid and a week later, woke up to a notification from eBay telling me that I've won.

Anyway, the vest arrived a few days ago and I absolutely LOVE it!
    I know it's actually just a Ryder jacket without sleeves - I guess that makes it a true and proper cut-off - but honestly, I don't think I would have preferred the thing as much if it was whole.

This vest is my first product from Lost Worlds.
    It's really heavy, 6lb according to the box. Leather is exactly 2mm thick. Super stiff, stands on its own. Extremely heavy finish, don't think this can even get soaked in the rain. Nice, chunky hardware all around. Central zip has been replaced with an awesome beastly Talon (there was an original zipper in one of the pockets, no. 5 Talon).

I've been wearing it every day since it arrived and don't plan on leaving the house without it any time soon. It works over a t-shirt, it works over a trucker jacket or a shirt... It simply goes well with anything. Best part is that it's wearable even in this summer weather.

Anyway, if you're after a high quality leather waistcoat, talk to LW. Seriously impressive product. But on to the photos...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bennarion

Bennarion Practically Family

Stunning vest. Congratulations on your good find.

Monitor likes this.
  3. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

That's a good investment.

Monitor likes this.
  4. dubpynchon

dubpynchon Practically Family

Sweet find, I can't believe you're wearing it outside though. Don't ever sell it!

Monitor likes this.
  5. Blackadder

Blackadder One Too Many

Congrats

Monitor and thor like this.
  6. sweetfights

sweetfights One Too Many

Beautiful.
    Welcome to the Lost World's club!!
    Now you know first hand....

Monitor, red devil and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  7. Carlos840

Carlos840 Call Me a Cab

Is it unlined? thats intense!

Monitor likes this.
  8. JMax

JMax One Too Many

I love the versatility of vests. This one is awesome. Great score. We should start a “show us your vests” thread.

El Marro, Monitor and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  9. Psant25

Psant25 A-List Customer

Great vest! Congrats looks great on you !

Monitor likes this.
  10. Colin G

Colin G Practically Family

I looked at that on ebay. The lining was removed at some point then the former owner sewed the label back onto the leather. I passed due to that but for the price, it is a pretty cool vest and I am glad someone here bought it.

I was going to reline it if I picked it up but then there would be holes from the tag left.

Cool pick up.

Monitor and sweetfights like this.
  11. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

great looking and perfect fit on you, congrats Monitor:) and you get to see the inner working

Monitor and red devil like this.
  12. red devil

red devil One Too Many

Let me second that! :D

sweetfights and Monitor like this.
  13. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

That it didn't have the lining is what got me so interested in it. Ought to get more use out of it that way and I guess the previous owner must've figured the same. I didn't know the label was sewn back onto the leather afterwards, though! Must've been done by LW though or someone equally capable. Same as the replaced zipper because it's done so well, you can't tell anything's been done to it. They've gone thru all the original stitch holes at the front.

Completely unlined! :D

El Marro, AbbaDatDeHat and Carlos840 like this.