The Break In is Real - Share Your Stories

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead, Sep 26, 2020.

1. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One of the Regulars

Think I saw someone joke around about how they could stand up their horse hide jacket. Well, it ain't no joke...

[​IMG]

Thought I was making good progress after a few days on my new Aero FQHH CXL Sheene, especially after this morning. I had it hanging in the sun shine for like 20 minutes and once warm, put it on and did some jumping jacks. Could start to feel some give.

Well, I go to put it away just now and it fell off the hanger, kind of bounced off the ground. And I was like, no way, could I stand this thing up. Well sure enough.

Challenge on, but I proudly accept it.

AeroFan_07, Hobbes1, JMax and 6 others like this.
  2. MrProper

MrProper A-List Customer

My Aero Café Racer 2009
    C24B08C9-87D6-4881-8DED-7EBAF76B2A24.jpeg

3. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Practically Family

4. Harris HTM

Harris HTM One Too Many

Yes, CXL FQHH is notorious for being stubborn. You might think you've broken it in, leave it in a cold closet during the night and you get a nice stiff as cardboard jacket next morning.
    No idea why the photo's are rotated, however if you click on them you see them fine.
    Mariner (2014)
    Stand Mariner.jpg

30's HB (2015):
    Stand 30s HB.jpg

Shearling lined Long HB (2017):
    Stand LHB.jpg

5. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

Yup, serious matter, no meme material
    Screenshot_20200721-115611_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200721-115716_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200721-061320_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200720-122530_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200610-174531_Gallery.jpg

6. MrProper

MrProper A-List Customer

navetsea likes this.
  7. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

My only friend during this pandemic
    Today it has grown some characters
    Screenshot_20200926-175745_Gallery.jpg

8. Turnip

Turnip Practically Family

My wardrobe where all jackets.. are hanging is located in the living area of my house so stored relatively warm. The Pony though leads kind of it’s own life...:D

[​IMG]

Throwing it over in the morning and driving to work I can feel it getting softer every minute until a certain point, especially the sleeves.

[​IMG]

Smoothest areas are sleeves and back so far, front and collar are toughest but not anyhow rigid or cardboardy in my opinion.
    I don’t find that really astonishing, read somewhere on the Horween page they use waxes during processing horse hide that get tough at room temperature.

9. Turnip

Turnip Practically Family

So not yet tamed the Pony, but still trying...:D

10. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

navetsea and roadking04 like this.
  11. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One of the Regulars

LOL. It's like Wilson from that Castaway movie with Tom Hanks. What's his name?

navetsea and Monitor like this.
  12. Monitor

Monitor

Schott can do that too, no issues.

[​IMG]

That reminds me - I bought a cool leather Harley cap, same style only hella more gay. Someone's removed the... Things from the brim, where the chain is supposed to be. What do you have installed in your cap? Just snaps? What would I be looking for?

13. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

upload_2020-9-26_11-56-44.jpeg
    Here is a LW CHP holding down a 500 pound transformer.

Hh121, Peter Bowden, dannyk and 12 others like this.
  14. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

The two i am currently working on, Vanson Commando in CXL on the left and Vanson Cycle Champ on the right
    They are both pretty thin and soft but still stand up:

[​IMG]

15. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

Oo the jeans button style came with the cap it has anchor embossed to it naturally:cool::D:D, the chinstrap rests on it, the strap is just that small black rope like that for hoddie pull, just knot around the rope from the other side, so it is adjustable like leather bracelet

Monitor likes this.
  16. Monitor

Monitor

Oooh, it's a jean style button?? That didn't occur to me but yeah, that'd make a good replacement. On my suede cap, it's something plastic, like a knob and I haven't a clue where to find that. So now I gotta find a nice jean styled button! That'd be awesome. You've helped me a lot. And if I need a chain on that cap. Do I, tho?

navetsea likes this.
  17. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

I dont give name, otherwise it would attract wandering demonic spirit

18. Monitor

Monitor

Don't be ridiculous, that's not how it works! The demon comes the moment they see you're doing something unnatural like that, building a man out of things, and he doesn't want you to know his name. But it might already be there. Just shaping the thing as a person attracts all kinds of haunts, lesser and greater.

El Marro and navetsea like this.
  19. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

I dunno how chain operates as chin strap, maybe just pure decorational then, perhaps contrasting color rope or braided leather can also look the part... metal chain is too dungeon lol

I think if you have a strip of leather then just make a "mystery braid"

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    Monitor and Mandarin like this.
  20. Monitor

Monitor

This is the cap I got, only more badass. Just that someone pulled out the snaps that hold the chain in place.

[​IMG]