Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where did your user name come from??

Socrets

Familiar Face
It's the same name I've been using online for the past five to six years. The story is that it's Socrates misspelled.
S-o-c-r-a-t-e-s
S-o-c-r-e-t-s.

univibe88

One Too Many
I used to be a very avid guitar player/hobbist and a big Jimi Hendrix fan. One of the effects pedals he used was called the "univibe." I've used it as an internet screen name for the last 12 years or so on various boards.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
univibe88 said:
I used to be a very avid guitar player/hobbist and a big Jimi Hendrix fan. One of the effects pedals he used was called the "univibe." I've used it as an internet screen name for the last 12 years or so on various boards.

They are fun to play through.
univibes.jpg

Lola Getz

One of the Regulars
let me guess...he has watched a lot of Lethal Weapon 2...?

Well, no, but he'd probably prefer people think that than to admit he's a big fan of musicals! "Damn Yankees" and that song stuck in his mind for weeks.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
the_librarian said:
I guess no originality with mine, I'm a librarian with 5,000 books from the 20's to the 60's in my basement. :eek:

There are several librarians on the Lounge including me (though I'm in administration now). I have loads of books too; occupational hazard I'm thinking...

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
zaika said:
zaika is russian for rabbit...or bunny, i guess. my russian speaking american friends and i came up with nicknames one day many years ago. one was "yozhka" (or hedgehog), another "cheburashka" (the name of the sweetest little cartoon character ever). i called dibs on "zaika." i used that pretty much everywhere online since it's easy to type and remember. those who know me think that it's appropriate. [huh]

Aren't Russian terms of endearment just the best? I've always thought they sound particularly adorable. I love cheburashka; I'll have to google that character.

Adele

One of the Regulars
Being a fan of Ms. Williams, I just took her middle name as my user name. Not very creative of me, I know.

ICannotPlayBass

New in Town
Adele said:
Being a fan of Ms. Williams, I just took her middle name as my user name. Not very creative of me, I know.

I might be able to one-up you on not being very creative; despite months of an assortment of exercises, I am unable to roll my wrists outward enough to correctly hold an electric bass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters