Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where did your user name come from??

drjones

A-List Customer

My name DRJONES is from two sources....I have ALWAYS (since the age of ten) loved archaeology and Indiana Jones was what sparked the interest. The other source is because of my interest in archaeology, My friends teasingly called me DRJONES. The name to this day continues to be used by my friends.

DRJONES

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
...out of the clear blue sky.;)

spitfires_0.jpg

Or out of a bottle.;)

no_fokker.jpg

Green Falcon

New in Town
I run a publishing company which produces (among other things) a pulp-genre fiction quarterly, as well as a pulp role-playing game.

The Green Falcon is one of the signature characters of that line.

Story

I'll Lock Up
Green Falcon said:
I run a publishing company which produces (among other things) a pulp-genre fiction quarterly, as well as a pulp role-playing game.

The Green Falcon is one of the signature characters of that line.

COOL website! I registered.

Have you seen the Steampunk thread here?

henderson field

New in Town
Henderson who?

Mine comes from the ( former) name of the airfield on Gaudalcanal in the Solomons Islands.

I wanted a name that sounded like it might come from the 1940's ( perhaps a character in a Bogart film); something that would trip off the tongue. Due to my interest in the war in the Pacific "Henderson Field" seemed like an ideal choice.

Incidentally, the airfield was named after Lofton R. Henderson, a US Marine Corps flyer who died during the battle of Midway, June the 4th 1942.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Holy crap, I can't believe I've never posted in here!

I'm not quite as dark as Elizabeth Short. In fact I'm pretty pink. ;) Plus, it's my favorite color. Thus I became Pink Dahlia.

*My username on here gave me my very first nickname: Pink! Yay! :D

Cascadian

New in Town
This part of North America -- the northwestern US and western Canada -- is often called "the Cascadian region" or just Cascadia, and when I started imagining an independent nation, just as a thought experiment, I called it the Kingdom of Cascadia. After that, this or the variant "asr-cascadian" (with my initials in front) became my default screen name for almost everything I did online.

Custom79

One of the Regulars
what's in a name?

My name comes from an old Honda motorcycle I restored and rode for a while. It sits safely in my garage until the winter snows are gone.

My internet service was changing it's whole setup and I needed to come up with a new email address at a moments notice and it was all I could think of.

The bike is formally known as a Honda CX500 Custom.

Sometime when I give it a little more thought, I'll try for something more creative.

Regards.

C79

Twilight

Familiar Face
Twilight was the name of the book I was reading at the time.
I usually use greeneyes_1990 on message boards, but I thought I'd use something different on here. =]

Mack

New in Town
What's in a Name?

I just picked what I thought was a common name. I like the sound of it and was surprised noone else had taken it.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Pink Dahlia said:
Holy crap, I can't believe I've never posted in here!

I'm not quite as dark as Elizabeth Short. In fact I'm pretty pink. ;) Plus, it's my favorite color. Thus I became Pink Dahlia.

*My username on here gave me my very first nickname: Pink! Yay! :D
I noticed that! People here for some reason automatically just started calling you 'Pink'. It fits. :)
Ashley

Vardeman Sneed

Familiar Face
'Vardeman' is the first name of one of my ancestors. There is actually a town named after him. If you find the town, you'll understand the 'Sneed' part. (I could have added another ancestor's name who had a town named after him, but it didn't sound right.)

My old username was '60CycleHum', which is the sound you hear/feel near a electric utility substation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner