Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MoldyKing

New in Town
I have a question. So I have a flat cap that's top area got stretched upwards, so it's not really a "flat" cap anymore. Any way I can reshape it back?

Anyone dealt with Outland USA seller on Amazon?

They've got some deals that make me scratch my head. Like this brand new Stetson Dune for $138 with free shipping. They claim that they're not factory seconds.

https://www.amazon.com/Stetson-Dune-Gun-Club-Hat/dp/B0043GD5FO/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=stetson+dune&qid=1600967520&sr=8-1&th=1&psc=1

This is common with some Amazon sellers. Notice how the price changes based on size. I suspect that they are overstock items, but I don’t know that. Their prices for some sizes are no better than other retail shops:

https://www.one2miniranch.com/search.php?search_query=Dune

Matt_SFL

Familiar Face
Does anyone know any fedoras that look like the ones in Bronx Tale movie ?...would appreciate any responses I’ve been getting a lot of good help on these forums in my previous posts btw I’m new here
ACB64753-7E66-4ACA-8134-919BCEA2C51F.jpeg

Attachments

• 0928D3F7-E34D-4626-BAC4-7DB28B00AE0A.png
    0928D3F7-E34D-4626-BAC4-7DB28B00AE0A.png
    229.9 KB · Views: 703
Does anyone know any fedoras that look like the ones in Bronx Tale movie ?...would appreciate any responses I’ve been getting a lot of good help on these forums in my previous posts btw I’m new here View attachment 264423
Welcome Florida... Florida boy here myself.

Appears the be a short brim fedora likely from the 60s. Probably just under a 2 inch brim. Depending on hat size. That particular one looks like it might have a Cavanagh edge on its brim. Might be similar to a Knox Flying cloud. Or a Dobbs Royal coachman.

Matt_SFL

Familiar Face
Welcome Florida... Florida boy here myself.

Appears the be a short brim fedora likely from the 60s. Probably just under a 2 inch brim. Depending on hat size. That particular one looks like it might have a Cavanagh edge on its brim. Might be similar to a Knox Flying cloud. Or a Dobbs Royal coachman.
Thank you for your feedback much appreciated and do you know any website that might be selling those hats ?

Silver-Wolf

One of the Regulars
Does anyone know any fedoras that look like the ones in Bronx Tale movie ?...would appreciate any responses I’ve been getting a lot of good help on these forums in my previous posts btw I’m new here View attachment 264423

Akubra Hampton in custom colour cruiser grey is very similar. Short brim (tad under 2inch or 48mm) pretty much a stingy or very close to, Hampton come bog standard with a greenish band and brim trim. If you had no brim trim and a black band it'd be almost bang on.

Really nice lid IMPO, I'm a bit over massive brims atm.

Thank you for your feedback much appreciated and do you know any website that might be selling those hats ?
Well. If in fact that is a Cavanagh edge on that hat. They haven’t really been made in mass production since the 60s or early 70s. So vintage would be the way to go. Ebay in that case.

new... with I believe an underwelt brim... something like a Dobbs Jet 707. In Saber color would be close in styling.

https://meyerthehatter.com/dobbs-jet-707-felt-hat-df3218-jet-707.html

Matt_SFL

Familiar Face
Well. If in fact that is a Cavanagh edge on that hat. They haven’t really been made in mass production since the 60s or early 70s. So vintage would be the way to go. Ebay in that case.

new... with I believe an underwelt brim... something like a Dobbs Jet 707. In Saber color would be close in styling.

https://meyerthehatter.com/dobbs-jet-707-felt-hat-df3218-jet-707.html
Exactly what I was looking the jet looks NICE and I found it at a cheaper price at fashionable hats but it doesn’t come in the grey color tho only Black and Tan

Matt_SFL

Familiar Face
Akubra Hampton in custom colour cruiser grey is very similar. Short brim (tad under 2inch or 48mm) pretty much a stingy or very close to, Hampton come bog standard with a greenish band and brim trim. If you had no brim trim and a black band it'd be almost bang on.

Ima check it out

Matt_SFL

Familiar Face
11964F47-3D9F-446B-8CD1-0479266C46E6.jpeg
I have a bailey Tino does anyone know if that’s 60s style I think it is cuz it’s 2’ inch brim

Attachments

• 0F3B28C9-1018-4FE2-9A62-08C8F9508C7A.png
    0F3B28C9-1018-4FE2-9A62-08C8F9508C7A.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 721
View attachment 264437 I have a bailey Tino does anyone know if that’s 60s style I think it is cuz it’s 2’ inch brim
Very short brims came into fashion in the 1960s. Also true of the 30s. However in my opinion shorter prim hats of the 30s had taller crowns.

Short brims are also a hallmark of cheaply made hats sold in stores like target today so they can get a bad rep by some

Matt_SFL

Familiar Face
Very short brims came into fashion in the 1960s. Also true of the 30s. However in my opinion shorter prim hats of the 30s had taller crowns.

Short brims are also a hallmark of cheaply made hats sold in stores like target today so they can get a bad rep by some
Good to know and I get my hats off of good quality hat brands I hate those Walmart and target ones cuz they’re costume material

Silver-Wolf

One of the Regulars
Here's a photo of the Akubra Hampton in cruiser grey, lighting isn't quite right and colour looks slightly different in better light.

Just used my phone to snap the photo, normally doesn't have that purple tinge. Just a nice mid to light grey depending on the lighting. Also please forgive my personal choice of bling, lol. I do it to all my poor hats.
hlqE0jm.jpg

a>

Ima check it out

Last edited:

Matt_SFL

Familiar Face
Here's a photo of the Akubra Hampton in cruiser grey, lighting isn't quite right and colour looks slightly different in better light.

Just used my phone to snap the photo, normally doesn't have that purple tinge. Just a nice mid to light grey depending on the lighting. Also please forgive my personal choice of bling, lol. I do it to all my poor hats.
hlqE0jm.jpg

a>
Nice looking hat and I like the feathers in mine too and can you send me a link to the website who has this hat

Silver-Wolf

One of the Regulars

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Hats by the 100 has a mixed record with shipping to the US. Several folks have experienced issues, including an inadequately sized box.

Hatsdirect is a reputable seller as is everything Australian, though the latter often has longer lead times because they don't have all models in stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot