Ask a question, get an answer

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Lefty, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Blare

Blare My Mail is Forwarded Here

Thumbs up and a good start. You’ll find over time. Not that everything older is better. But when it comes to hats it is very often true.

Silver-Wolf and deadlyhandsome like this.
  2. Silver-Wolf

Silver-Wolf One of the Regulars

Here's a photo of the Akubra Hampton in cruiser grey, lighting isn't quite right and colour looks slightly different in better light.

Just used my phone to snap the photo, normally doesn't have that purple tinge. Just a nice mid to light grey depending on the lighting. Also please forgive my personal choice of bling, lol. I do it to all my poor hats.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    Zombie_61 and Blare like this.
  3. Florida Boii

Florida Boii New in Town

Nice looking hat and I like the feathers in mine too and can you send me a link to the website who has this hat

4. Silver-Wolf

The feathers came with it new, nice lil bonus. I added the Wolf badge, used to be my nickname/handle lol. Link is here where I grabbed mine https://www.hatsbythe100.com.au/akubra-hampton-cruiser-grey.html hope it's not against any rules posting links to shops, I'm new here myself.

Florida Boii and Blare like this.
  5. jlee562

jlee562 I'll Lock Up

Hats by the 100 has a mixed record with shipping to the US. Several folks have experienced issues, including an inadequately sized box.

Hatsdirect is a reputable seller as is everything Australian, though the latter often has longer lead times because they don't have all models in stock.

belfastboy, Blare and deadlyhandsome like this.
  6. Florida Boii

Florida Boii New in Town

0675B8BF-AC02-45EE-BBF3-30B09B90958D.png I was playing my game the other day and came across this hat that I love...does anyone know what real hat looks like it

Rmccamey likes this.
  7. Florida Boii

Florida Boii New in Town

Nice thank you

Silver-Wolf likes this.
  8. Silver-Wolf

I have a question, how do we change our username on this forum? If it's of avail I'd like to change mine to Wolf

deadlyhandsome likes this.

9. Reach out to a bartender (site administrator). Curious what the answer is myself.

Blare and Silver-Wolf like this.
  10. Silver-Wolf

I wonder how best it is to do that ?

11. The few times I’ve done it I waited until I saw someone at the bottom of the page under Staff Online now and sent them a PM. Often just by using the word “Bartender“ in a post one will read what you have to say.

Blare and Silver-Wolf like this.
  12. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

The smartass in me wants to say.....post something complimentary about Trump.....you will hear from them soon enough.

Zombie_61, Bamaboots, hatsRme and 4 others like this.
  13. georgie girl

georgie girl Familiar Face

I would say that the short answer is Yes. A tiny bit longer answer is that a lot of guys will refer to hats that have the same brim/crown dimensions and ribbon type as an open road clone... at least that is what I've gathered in my time lurking and being a member here

14. Florida Boii

Florida Boii New in Town

What websites are the best for buying fedoras cuz I’m tired of fashionable hats and village hat shop

Silver-Wolf and deadlyhandsome like this.

15. What kind of fedoras are you looking for? New? Vintage? Custom? Ebay probably sells more vintage hats that all other sources combined. If your budget will allow it, customs are a great way to go. Are there certain brands you’re interested in? Be warned, once you experience good vintage felt you’ll be hooked.

Blare likes this.
  16. Florida Boii

Florida Boii New in Town

I’m looking for 60s style fedoras and 50s style fedoras as well

Blare likes this.
  17. Florida Boii

Florida Boii New in Town

5290DE7F-6E5A-4902-8BC7-F6FD10534799.jpeg

Blare and deadlyhandsome like this.
  18. Blare and jlee562 like this.
  19. jlee562

jlee562 I'll Lock Up

The vintage hats on eBay are mostly from the 60's.

You seem pretty set on that specific shape though, so getting a custom might be worth the effort.

20. Florida Boii

Florida Boii New in Town

Yea I would be down to get a vintage but it’s hard to find my hat size since I wear XL which is like 7/58 and custom I could try too but I don’t really know how it works to get it custom