Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacora

Familiar Face
The leather hatband on my Banjo Patterson is tacked onto the hat through the leather hatband with stitches in 3-4 locations

It'd be a simple matter of snipping the threads to remove it.
Yes, snipping the stiches (say that three times fast!) seems easy enough, but putting one back on is the tricky bit. Forgive me if how to do this seems obvious to you folks, but I don't want to do something stupid and damage the hats. Would you try to stitch it back in the same spots? Is there a particular size needle and type of thread that should be used?

Yes, snipping the stiches (say that three times fast!) seems easy enough, but putting one back on is the tricky bit. Forgive me if how to do this seems obvious to you folks, but I don't want to do something stupid and damage the hats. Would you try to stitch it back in the same spots? Is there a particular size needle and type of thread that should be used?

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/stitch-awl-tutorial-sweatband-installation.38010/

Small sewing machine needle.

BIGG SHOW

Familiar Face
Hello all,
I am interested in the hatWRKS Hardliner but I’m a long ways from Nashville.
Has anyone seen one in person? Even better, does anyone own one? The description on the web site says
the "hardliner" is a stiffer version of the iconic stetson stratoliner.

Cheers!

Hello all,
I am interested in the hatWRKS Hardliner but I’m a long ways from Nashville.
Has anyone seen one in person? Even better, does anyone own one? The description on the web site says
the "hardliner" is a stiffer version of the iconic stetson stratoliner.

Cheers!

Please don’t take this wrong: Why does such a hat appeal to you? I’m genuinely curious.

I would try to use the same holes in the leather much easier that way. Come at it from the inside of the hat first so your thread start does not show. I use ordinary Coates thread. It holds and once you know how to do it....if it needs fixing just redo it. If you are still nervous I would not be hesitant to use a small piece of double sided tailors tape to secure it. That way you can 'trial run it' to see if that is the look you want. I have done it on western hats for my wife as she likes to change up the look.

Matt_SFL

Familiar Face
What hat looks like this that I can buy
40A91C17-0D32-4C7F-A7DF-140133B2001A.jpeg
View attachment 265840

dkstott

Practically Family
Get in touch with the folks at JJ Hat's in NYC.
They provided all the hats for that TV show.

If I recall correctly, that particular hat was a Borsalino hat. I don't recall the exact model.

But the folks at JJ Hat's will lead you to the right hat or a less expensive version if needed.

Dave

What hat looks like this that I can buy View attachment 265841 View attachment 265840

Matt_SFL

Familiar Face
On the Penman website he takes credit for making them.
Would
Get in touch with the folks at JJ Hat's in NYC.
They provided all the hats for that TV show.

If I recall correctly, that particular hat was a Borsalino hat. I don't recall the exact model.

But the folks at JJ Hat's will lead you to the right hat or a less expensive version if needed.

Dave
yea JJ hats are popular cuz every time I like a hat on they’re website it’s sold out

Erehwon

One of the Regulars
Hello,
Can someone help me out and tell me, who is admin here in this forum? Seems like my entire thread was deleted or moved, but I didn't get any notifications about it. I don't want to behave wrong, and want to know, what went wrong.

Regards,
Arne

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo