Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
We don't have one unified thread that I could find. There are individual threads for many types of edges (Cav, Mode, bound, raw), comparison threads (bound vs. raw, Cav vs. Mode), and tutorial threads (binding, repairing binding, removing binding).

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
anyone deal with these people before, I seem to be having trouble. panamahatsdirect.com

Welcome to the Lounge!

Do you know how to search the Lounge? Search Google for the phrase below and you will find many discussions of this topic,

panamahatsdirect site:thefedoralounge.com

Slim Jim - StL

New in Town
OK, I'm new here guys. I'm trying to figure out how to import an image into a post. I read the FAQ page, and the gentleman said: "To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread."
Well... I'm thinking the page structure has perhaps changed since that advice was given, am I correct? I clicked on "New Posts", and then there's a list of various threads. OK, I've got that, but nowhere do I see a "Post Reply" button! Am I looking in the wrong place? Please help (I'm really not computer-stupid, but this process is not very intuitive.) I have a new hat & I'd like to show it off... (Stetson 'Moose River'). Thanks.

InsolentPuppy

A-List Customer
A few months ago someone posted pictures of a hat that was straw on top and felt on the bottom. I can't find it now. Can someone who is better at this stuff help me locate it?

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
A simple way to put an (internet) image here is to go to the image, copy its URL, paste it here, and surround it with [ i m g ] and [ / i m g ] image tags. Leave out the spaces. I put them in so the letters would actually show up here.

While pondering a topic for discussion I did a google search and found that the basic thread had occurred three years ago (2009). Since I find the topic relevant, Is it best to dredge the old thread up, freshen it per say.....or start a new one?

Specifically I was going to discuss brick and mortal hat shops.

Also in the thread there was quite a bit of off topic, and stepping on toes...should I take that into account when deciding to dredge or start a new one?

Thanks

tealseal

A-List Customer
Can someone give me (or point me towards) a resource for cap vocabulary? I'm wondering what terms like: Ivy, flat cap, chauffer cap, 8 panel, 6 panel, Gatsby all mean (though I have an idea about the # panel ones). Maybe also a rundown on the features of a cap, if they have their own unique terminology and lingo?
Thanks!

randooch

I'll Lock Up
While pondering a topic for discussion I did a google search and found that the basic thread had occurred three years ago (2009). Since I find the topic relevant, Is it best to dredge the old thread up, freshen it per say.....or start a new one?

Specifically I was going to discuss brick and mortal hat shops.

Also in the thread there was quite a bit of off topic, and stepping on toes...should I take that into account when deciding to dredge or start a new one?

Thanks
I just perused the 3 pages of "Hat Shops" thread titles that appear from an advanced search, and it looks they're almost all city-, area-, or country-specific. (The ill-tempered thread you mentioned seems spent.)

Normally I'm a fan of resuscitating older threads, but in this case not so much.

Last edited:
...Also in the thread there was quite a bit of off topic, and stepping on toes...should I take that into account when deciding to dredge or start a new one?

I think there is a thread about how all threads seem to go off topic......
My vote is to dredge up an old thread. I set my preference to show latest first, so I don't page thru the backwash unless I want to refresh.
We get enough new threads for asking questions that get moved to "Ask a question, Get a answer" sticky.
I'm for picking the existing thread of hat shops that seems closest to your contribution & go with it....

Thanks, specifically this is the thread I am referencing

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...r-Hat-Shops&s=b35e243f877ee5a80325732f279c0af

I kinda agree that in this particular case a new topic may be better suited, but I'm glad to know that old threads can be dredged....some forums heavily discourage this.

Gtdean48, should I revive this thread? Or start a new one and give the link for reference, but start fresh? ***In this case***

Thanks, specifically this is the thread I am referencing

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...r-Hat-Shops&s=b35e243f877ee5a80325732f279c0af

I kinda agree that in this particular case a new topic may be better suited, but I'm glad to know that old threads can be dredged....some forums heavily discourage this.

Gtdean48, should I revive this thread? Or start a new one and give the link for reference, but start fresh? ***In this case***

Without knowing the exact context & content of your intended post, I'd say go with a new one & let a bartender figure out if it needs consolidating if you feel the threads aren't on point....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21