Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jabus

New in Town
Thanks, now that I know the term I can look up the information. From some quick researching seems like it was used in the 1800s too, by military in order to be able to aim a rifle properly. :)

Jabus

New in Town
Hmm, how about in terms of ruining the hat. Would sticking a pin (from what I read up on snaps, that seems like it'd be permanent) through the brim leave it with a hole after if I chose to go back to the original form, or would it be unnoticeable?

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
According to the Digger History page
Contrary to popular belief the word 'slouch' does not refer to the turn-up (leaf). The word slouch refers to any hat with a brim that droops down.
The American Campaign hat is a slouch.

Jeff

jbucklin

Practically Family
In trying (and succeeding) to soften up the stiff brim on my Stetson Shantung Straw Whippet, using steam and an iron, I ended up with a very rippled brim. Any tips on how to flatten it back out? Here are a couple of pics:
downsized_0328021033.jpg

0328021108.jpg

Casslblair

New in Town
Hello I was wondering if anyone here has any knowledge on a University of Kentucky Stetson hat? I have one in mint condition still in box but can find nothing about it anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Last year there was one that sold on eBay. It was made by a fellow that makes custom cowboy hats in kentucky for the fan organization. It went for around 150 dollars if I am right I was watching it for a co worker. But it went over what he was willing to pay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21