Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
seeing if anyone in kansas knows stores on where to buy an open crowned fedora?

Hi

Hatman Jack MIGHT be willing to order one for you, but since he's in the blocking and shaping business... Um why? Being in Kansas, you should stop by Hatman Jack's anyway, he's put ribbons etc on all four of my Sunbody hats, and a Resistol.

Later

Landman

One Too Many
seeing if anyone in kansas knows stores on where to buy an open crowned fedora?

You can get Open Crown Akubras from David Morgan and you will be surprised how fast you get them. I ordered one Saturday and it was at my house in Texas on Monday. It was sent USPS too!

You can also get Open Crown Akubras from Hatsdirect in Australia. Great customer service and it only takes 7 to 10 days to receive them.

KC Capellor

One of the Regulars
Anything wrong with switching a bow to the left if a hat is otherwise undistinguishable from a man's fedora?
(and are back-bows unisex?)
Just curious, how popular was it for women to buy a man's style fedora with a right side bow?
thanks!

Landman

One Too Many
Stetson Stratoliner Pin

Was there more than one version of the original Stetson Stratoliner pin? I always thought the original pin was actually a DC-3 with TWA in red paint but lately I've seen some online without TWA. I know there are a lot of fakes out there but some of these look like they could be original based on the patina. Unfortunately I didn't save the links or pictures. Could someone post a picture of the real deal ?

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I always thought the original pin was actually a DC-3 with TWA in red paint [...]

Yes, that's right ...

2113b4b1-2-1.jpg

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
Whiteley Hat Co. ?

Does anyone know anything about Whiteley Hat Co. from hatsonline.com ?
I've been checking out this hat :http://www.hatsonline.com/style/Club
It says Fur felt....and the price after shipping would be $100...and it looks like they are made in the UK...of course the S-M-L-XL thing is scary...
Looks too good to be true...What do you guys think?

Last edited:

JAVIER

Practically Family
Watching Double Indemnity 1944 American film noir, The film stars Fred MacMurray. I am digging his fedora... Does anyone know what kind of hat this may be, any guess about the dimensions, and would this be something that could be found or made? Any ideas on this lid?
Double_Indemnity-loveutoo.gif
DoubleIndemnity2.jpg
Double-Indemnity1.jpg
Double_Indemnity-loveutoo.gif
double_indemnity_still.jpg
snapshot20110129220133.jpg
images

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
Does anyone know anything about Whiteley Hat Co. from hatsonline.com ?
I've been checking out this hat :http://www.hatsonline.com/style/Club
It says Fur felt....and the price after shipping would be $100...and it looks like they are made in the UK...of course the S-M-L-XL thing is scary...
Looks too good to be true...What do you guys think?
I'm going to bump this....Seems strange no one knows anything about "hatsonline.com"
It was one of the first hats co's I get when I'm googleing looking for lids....I hope somebody here can throw some light on these hats....That 'Club' Pork Pie looks beautiful from the pics...and says Fur Felt...but the prices are sooo reasonable as to draw suspicion...:)

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
General S M L sizes don't fit me well. The last time I bought a $65 straw hat by those sizes the L was too large and the M was too tight. Returned them both. Wait for the right fur felt hat on eBay or in the Fedora Lounge classifieds. You'll probably spend less and have a better chance at a more accurate size.

If it were me I'd stay away from general size measurements. Get specific when spending that kind of money.

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
I've seen hatsonline, porkipies look fine, yet the other styles aren't thrilling me. It's right for the right audience I'm sure.

I'm thinking about the Double Indemnity hat.
Thanks for getting back to me...None of their other hats knock me out either...Maybe thats another point to think about....and I hear you...I'm thinking about the Double Indemity hat too...;)

Last edited:

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
General S M L sizes don't fit me well. The last time I bought a $65 straw hat by those sizes the L was too large and the M was too tight. Returned them both. Wait for the right fur felt hat on eBay or in the Fedora Lounge classifieds. You'll probably spend less and have a better chance at a more accurate size.

If it were me I'd stay away from general size measurements. Get specific when spending that kind of money.
*In Europe I've been real lucky with the 'General Size Measurements'...So far...But I appreciate what your saying....and the L's that I've bought I could try on....I've never ordered one on-line...

JAVIER

Practically Family
Hi Again,

I just received my fedora lounge coffee mug (I really like it, will be used daily at the office). My question is, why is the store "empty", where is the lapel pins or french cufflinks and other accessories?

Kahuna Cowboy

New in Town
Stetson and Shangtung?

Hello,

I am hoping I may find the answer here as I am having a heck of a time trying to Google the answer.

I recently picked up a Stetson 10x Grant straw hat, which I do like a lot. It replaced my 20 year old Bangora that gave up the ghost. But I was thrown off by the use of an "X" on straw these days. Now Stetson rates straw with an "X" which is fine but out of curiosity I was trying to find some info on what makes a 10x straw hat quality lower than a 100x straw hat.

About all I could find is 100x straw Stetsons like the Maximo and the Bar None say along with "Shangtung" 3BU 2x2 which I have no idea what that means. I noticed some others say 2BU 2x2 as well. My Grant does not, so my question is, what does 3BU 2x2 mean? Is it a different grade of Shangtung that my Grant is not?

Thank you for any help with my education in Shangtung!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24