Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spectre_general

New in Town
Hey all. Long time lurker, first time poster. Wondering if you folks could help a fella out with your wisdom and all.

I'm trying to clean a well-used Adventurebilt to no avail. There's currently a dark, shiny stain from sweat in the pinch that doesn't want to go away.

I've been all over the forum here and tried water, vinegar, steam, and talc, and I'm at a loss. How do I sop this up?

NateP5

New in Town
IMG_2714.jpg IMG_2716.jpg Hello - Just picked up this Fedora - Can anyone identify the manufacture? The only part of the tag that is legible says, Made is USA (and the size).

KOOLKERNEY

New in Town
I searched for something on this subject on here but nothing seemed to help. I just got a Span Am repro hat off ebay, and when it arrived the crown was way bigger than expected. It is a teardrop crown, wool/felt hat. Is there any way to somehow lower the appearance of the crown at all? If not it may end up in the classifieds here.

liten

One of the Regulars
I searched for something on this subject on here but nothing seemed to help. I just got a Span Am repro hat off ebay, and when it arrived the crown was way bigger than expected. It is a teardrop crown, wool/felt hat. Is there any way to somehow lower the appearance of the crown at all? If not it may end up in the classifieds here.

steam it over a kettle and push it down ?

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Because wool hats are formed in a hydralic press and the felt doesn't respond as well as fur-felt altering crown height won't be easy. Steam and pushing down might work, but they don't generally respond well to reshaping.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Wasn't there a sticky for useful or important hat threads at one point? I noticed this morning that it's gone. It was ever so useful!

A

liten

One of the Regulars

have got any pics of this span am hat,? if its acampaign hat , crowns are generally about 5 to 51/2 tall somtimes more

liten

One of the Regulars
ive just finished reshapeing a couple wool hats and it worked ,fine just a small amount steam at a time

KOOLKERNEY

New in Town
I posted it in the classifieds section. I didn't want to wreck it both have a ruined hat and out the money. Yes, the crown is quite tall. My naive self ruined me on this purchase!

liten

One of the Regulars
I posted it in the classifieds section. I didn't want to wreck it both have a ruined hat and out the money. Yes, the crown is quite tall. My naive self ruined me on this purchase!

you couldnt push down anyway ! it would muck up the vent , gud luck withthat

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
I am interested in obtaining a hat block to work with my hats, but want to buy something useful for regular maintenance and also for reworking or eventually making hats from blanks or old bodies. I wear a 7 1/4 long oval which is fairly loose.

Should I buy a block in 7 1/4 or in 7 1/8? Do I need one of each?

Thanks in advance,

Fed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112