Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

llamaegg

New in Town
Don't want to start a thread for this, but quick question. I'm probably going to stick in an order for a Federation IV Deluxe tonight for my first hat, now, I find myself measuring 23'' comfortably and 22 1/2 seems a bit tight. I shot Hatsidrect an email and they simply said to look to buy one size larger then you would typically grab. What size should I be looking to snag I'm wondering, I'm thinking either a 58cm or a 59?

Landman

One Too Many
llamaegg, you should try to measure to the nearest 1/8" but I think you are probably going to need a 59. It might fit a little big at first but should shrink down nicely after wearing it awhile. My measurement for custom hats is 23 3/8" and I wear a 60 in the Fed IV. They always feel a little big at first but fit great after wearing them awhile.

Landman

One Too Many
Well replying to myself as Resistol answered my question about my "Staples" Resistol:
Resistol told me that they made hats with stores logos that were selling hats. This... "service" didn't last long.

Joao,

That appears to be the logo for the office supply store Staples. I doubt they ever sold western hats. Sometimes Resistol and Stetson will make special order hats for company events. I saw a large order of new Stetsons at a hat shop here for a company convention. I can't remember the name of the company (a Japanese company) but the hat store owner told me they ordered 100 Stetsons with the company logo. He was getting ready to deliver them to the hotel when I saw them.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Yes, the Resistols are on aisle 5 between the paper clips and the pens at the Staples here in Waco! Just kidding. It is a bit strange but makes for a cool hat.

RJR

FrankMc,the silicone is clear so tough to photo.I simply squeeze a small amount on my finger and then rub it gently into the crease from the inside.It s/b nearly invisible.

vintage.vendeuse

A-List Customer
Do I have one of the dreaded USA-made Borsalinos? Unfortunately, no matter how much I play with the photo, I cannot read the writing (other than "Borsalino") on the sweatband. The underside of the sweat has the LCB stamp that's been mentioned here on 50s/60s hats. There is, of course, the size tag with the WPL indicating Bollman and :eeek: 80% wool 20% rayon. The tag itself is paper, waxy, and has gone green-ish though I think it was originally white. There is no paper label under the sweat or liner. The liner is lightly glued in place in a few spots, not sewn, but has the Reg. U.S. Pat. Off. notation of the older Borsalinos. I've been reading through a lot of the old threads here for the last hour or so but can't really figure this one out so I decided I should just come right out and ask for help. :) To me, it looks a lot like the hats my dad wore in the 60s/70s.

P1070765.jpg P1070766.jpg P1070769.jpg P1070785.jpg P1070786.jpg P1070787.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24