Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
looking for a little help from my brethren

the topic is dust covers ... those cellophane dust protectors for hats that go over the crown and brim for storage

I've gotten a few from hat stores like Bencraft and JJ in the past when buying hats ... they would throw me a little stack but wouldn't sell any

I also had Michael Gannon send me a few with one of the hats he sent me ... but he to was pretty protective of giving away too many

the only place I can find that sells them (100 per pack) is a place called Capas Headwear and they for some reason refuse to return my emails

so two questions ...

1) do any of you have a lead to these dust covers ?

2) would any of you who have some be willing to break me off a few?

I'm always willing to help out my FL family with anything I have ... I'm hoping some of my good deeds around here come back to me here :)
Mike at NW Hats tells me he only gets those when he orders other hatter necessities; as in, he can't order them separately. He said to remind him and he'll ask for a bunch more next time.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Mike at NW Hats tells me he only gets those when he orders other hatter necessities; as in, he can't order them separately. He said to remind him and he'll ask for a bunch more next time.
thanks... thats great to know

funny thing is I have a source ... but they just won't reply to emails for some reason

they are on the last page of this catalog

http://www.capasheadwear.com/?page_id=204

no idea why they will not respond to someone trying to give them money

thanks... thats great to know

funny thing is I have a source ... but they just won't reply to emails for some reason

they are on the last page of this catalog

http://www.capasheadwear.com/?page_id=204

no idea why they will not respond to someone trying to give them money
I know that Mike Miller deals with these folks. My first panama that I bought from him is Capas, nice hat. Maybe we can have him order the "mega pack" for a lounge distribution. I would be willing to handle this. I need to go down to Eugene in the next week, so I'll inquire. We can get the 100 pack and I'll keep the meager amount I would need for my collection and can mail out dust covers all over the lounge. If I works, we might need more! What does everyone think?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I know that Mike Miller deals with these folks. My first panama that I bought from him is Capas, nice hat. Maybe we can have him order the "mega pack" for a lounge distribution. I would be willing to handle this. I need to go down to Eugene in the next week, so I'll inquire. We can get the 100 pack and I'll keep the meager amount I would need for my collection and can mail out dust covers all over the lounge. If I works, we might need more! What does everyone think?
I'm in .... I'll throw loot at the deal
I'd like to get at least 30 of these covers ... for now
this sounds like a great idea Mike

I figured on getting around 200. I want about 40 just for myself. I don't think we'd have a problem finding others on the lounge who want to buy some...
You are probably right on. I'll have Mike order two packs of them, I'll probably be sending them out all over the county. I'd even consider sending them to our international friends. They shouldn't be difficult to mail. Of course, I would require you to meet me for lunch somewhere to give them to you personally!:)

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
You are probably right on. I'll have Mike order two packs of them, I'll probably be sending them out all over the county. I'd even consider sending them to our international friends. They shouldn't be difficult to mail. Of course, I would require you to meet me for lunch somewhere to give them to you personally!:)

Best news all week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looking for a little help from my brethren

the topic is dust covers ... those cellophane dust protectors for hats that go over the crown and brim for storage

I've gotten a few from hat stores like Bencraft and JJ in the past when buying hats ... they would throw me a little stack but wouldn't sell any

I also had Michael Gannon send me a few with one of the hats he sent me ... but he to was pretty protective of giving away too many

the only place I can find that sells them (100 per pack) is a place called Capas Headwear and they for some reason refuse to return my emails

so two questions ...

1) do any of you have a lead to these dust covers ?

2) would any of you who have some be willing to break me off a few?

I'm always willing to help out my FL family with anything I have ... I'm hoping some of my good deeds around here come back to me here :)

I always just use oldfashioned hatboxes. For me they work out fine.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I bought my wife a new old stock vintage Champ. The only mark on it is on the brim where the cardboard insert wore against the felt... every time the box is moved the hat moves against that insert. The cellophane covers slow this wear admirably.

100%
These definitely help against those grooves...
and also it keeps the felt off of any paper or cardboard which often has acids and other chemicals that will discolor Felt over time... especially light colors

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I'm in .... I'll throw loot at the deal
I'd like to get at least 30 of these covers ... for now
this sounds like a great idea Mike

I figured on getting around 200. I want about 40 just for myself. I don't think we'd have a problem finding others on the lounge who want to buy some...

+20 or so . I'd like to purchase 20-25 , maybe more . I know someone we know uses them , but I don't know if he'd want to mess with it . That might be where you got the website moon .

I'd also like to know where you find that foam that Alan puts between his Hats for storage . If ANYONE knows , PLEASE let me know . Mucho Gracias

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
Oh I'm sorry, but why would you use one of these

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

He explained the usefulness here:

100%
These definitely help against those grooves...
and also it keeps the felt off of any paper or cardboard which often has acids and other chemicals that will discolor Felt over time... especially light colors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24