Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

volvomeister13

One of the Regulars
For a late 1920's/early 1930's style fedora (measuring 6" open crown) what do you guys recommend, a 2 3/8" brim or 2 1/2" brim? I've heard both measurements quoted for this error on here. Does the 1/8" really make much of a difference?

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
For a late 1920's/early 1930's style fedora (measuring 6" open crown) what do you guys recommend, a 2 3/8" brim or 2 1/2" brim? I've heard both measurements quoted for this error on here. Does the 1/8" really make much of a difference?

Dont believe that little difference will matter in the overall confirmation of the hat. Personally I'd opt for the larger especially if custom. If not and you like the hat I wouldn't hesitate on the smaller.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I have several Dobbs hats from that time, and they all have 2 ⅜" brims or less. Granted, my small sample may not be representative of every hat, but If you're looking for proportionality of the period, I'd go for the smaller brim. To my eye, it looks more correct.

Brad

Day_late

New in Town
I bought a nice newsboy-style cap a couple years ago, and liked the look but didn't wear it for long. The problem is that the material in the bill of the cap doesn't fit smoothly along my forehead. Pressure from the ends of the bill gives me a headache pretty quickly. I don't suppose that problem is unique to me. Has anyone figured out how to get around it?

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Hello,

Need help on an Akubra hat.

A friend of mine has a couple of Slouch hats, no other markings but Dunkerley Ltd, AKUBRA 1968 (and the other one 1967 instead), 7 1/4, Made in a Australia.

And he believes this ones were issued to Australian troops, and he says this ones are WOOL FELT.

Any one knows if Akubra ever made this hats in wool felt instead of Fur Felt?

Any help will be appreciated.

Sincerely.

Rodolfo

rogerstg

A-List Customer
Looks like something Amish with a lot of dirt.

hell%20on%20wheels.jpg

cache_596208404.jpg

Roger

Gordon Harlan

New in Town
Which online vendor of Akubra hats has the greatest selection? I'm also needing very large, U.S. size 8, so 64-65 metric (?)
Thamsk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Anyone have any experience with Buffalo fur? how does it compare to Rabbit?

Buffalo fur is more comparable to wool than bunny fur. In fact buffalo fur *is* considered wool.
I discovered this in the hardway (you will find a tag saying 100% wool in a buffalo fur hat) but still durable and looks like it will not shrink like wool hats do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot