Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

el_ote

Familiar Face
can anyone describe the color of a graphite stetson? i cant get a definitive answer when i google. most look black, but some look like a pencil lead grey which is what im after. any links to accurate pictures would be appreciated. i am on the fence between a caribou or the graphite.

- Elías O.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
can anyone describe the color of a graphite stetson? i cant get a definitive answer when i google. most look black, but some look like a pencil lead grey which is what im after. any links to accurate pictures would be appreciated. i am on the fence between a caribou or the graphite.

- Elías O.

What does a steak taste like...? The hat is DARK as described a carbon/graphite grey and I've only seen pics. For the best representation of the hat you're liking just ask the vendor to take a pic of the xact hat your considering in both colors, in natural and artificial light. You'll then get the best idea. Ps. There must b pics right here on the Lounge. Also search Google images for both colors. Some claim both are very versatile colors...

Last edited:

el_ote

Familiar Face
i know... i feel like a tool asking... lol. i have searched and i do sometimes see the exact shade i want which im sure is lighting. i think ill go for it, worst case scenario i end up with a dark nice hat!
ohh... and delicious, a steak is delicious, especially if it is medium rare! mmm...

- Elías O.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
i know... i feel like a tool asking... lol. i have searched and i do sometimes see the exact shade i want which im sure is lighting. i think ill go for it, worst case scenario i end up with a dark nice hat!
ohh... and delicious, a steak is delicious, especially if it is medium rare! mmm...

- Elías O.

Cant you get pics of the actual hats? Greys are great colors. I have 3 different shades of greys but nothing as dark as carbon and I wish I did, its a "delicious" color.

- Elías O.
Graphite is a dark gray. In direct sunlight it will appear gray, but in more subdued indoor lighting it will look more like black more often than not. Caribou is a medium/mid gray that will look gray under most lighting conditions.

el_ote

Familiar Face
wow that caribou is pretty dark as well. i do have a stetson that i got off eBay that is what i assume is graphite, its listed as DK Grey and is the perfect color (just need a bigger brim!)
very true to color pictures

i think its graphite, just want to make sure... itll be my last hat for a while... (wifes counting! ... lol im sure i can sneak in a panama soon also tho)

- Elías O.

ingineer

One Too Many
Elias;
Just a suggestion;
Buy the Akuba Fed IV in Carbon, less money, very dark but not exactly black.
Everyone here seems to love this hat, more brim, higher crown.
Have one myself, a bargain at the current exchange rate
From what i see of your taste the caribou may be too light grey for you
pic

Last edited:

dhmcalli32

New in Town
Can you help me identify this hat?

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum but enjoying reading a lot of cool stuff. But the purpose of this post: I had this hat for years (i no longer do). I got it from my late grandfathers house. It was made from a tight woven straw and had a flat bill all the way around. I want to replace it since it was lost but I have no recollection of brand or anything. I'm hoping someone will recognize the style/type and be able to point me in a good direction. I am posting 3 pictures of the hat. if the photos do not work i will try again. Anyway thanks for any help you can give.

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

JamesC

Familiar Face
Elias;
Just a suggestion;
Buy the Akuba Fed IV in Carbon, less money, very dark but not exactly black.
Everyone here seems to love this hat, more brim, higher crown.
Have one myself, a bargain at the current exchange rate
From what i see of your taste the caribou may be too light grey for you
pic

Excellent Hat!!

el_ote

Familiar Face
ingineer: that IS a beautiful hat!
i did notice everyone posting at least one Akubra since i began lounging around. im a little hesitant about the brim length though. i tried a 2.5" hat at first and it seemed too big for me. i think i have to let my tastes evolve into being able to wear a brim that wide, but an Akubra has been on my list since the beginning. Thanks for the help!
im too indecisive.

edit: Akubra's Bogart comes in a smaller brim... 2.5"... it also comes it the carbon grey... food for thought.
edit:edit: so does the Stylemaster

Last edited:

el_ote

Familiar Face
I'll put in a vote for the Akubra Fedora - my first and only Akubra right now, but certainly not my last. 2.5" brim, uncreased crown, comes in Carbon Grey, Burnt Oak, and Fern Green.

i DO like this one as well! love the drill hat stand! that shot is killer!
did i mention im indecisive. .. too many great hats!!!

- Elías O.

Jacora

Familiar Face
Fabio by Borsalino

I saw a Borsalino Fabio hat at the bencraft website (http://www.bencrafthats.com/product.php?pid=12&subcname=Borsalino). Google found no hits for this here at the lounge which surprised me. Anyone have more info on this hat? The description somewhat ambiguously describes it as "genuine felt" which I suppose could even mean wool not fur. Also any pics of it being worn would be much appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum