Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BlackBrim

Familiar Face
I am curious about the Biltmore hat color black diamond.I can't find a picture of it anywhere online.How would this color be described? Would it be accurate to describe it as a color such as charcoal.Or perhaps similar to the color graphite?Any information or opinions about the color black diamond will be greatly appreciated.

Mr.Habanos

New in Town
Hello, I'm fairly new here and have been primarily reading since I joined. I have a question.

Does anyone know what those hat circumference measuring scissor type tools are actually called?

ShortAndCashed

One of the Regulars
I was just curious to know what colors they made Stetson Open Roads and Stratoliners in. I'd like to decide exactly what color I'm looking for, just in the off chance I find one I can actually afford.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I was just curious to know what colors they made Stetson Open Roads and Stratoliners in. I'd like to decide exactly what color I'm looking for, just in the off chance I find one I can actually afford.

Browns, greys, blues, greens, tans, black, and so on. Visit the OR and Stratoliner threads and you will see there a very wide selection.

ShortAndCashed

One of the Regulars
Browns, greys, blues, greens, tans, black, and so on. Visit the OR and Stratoliner threads and you will see there a very wide selection.

Oh, OK. For some reason, I though the vintage ORs and Strats only came in that light brown, tan, and silverbelly, for some reason.

Last edited:

ShortAndCashed

One of the Regulars
One more question: are the Cuenca hats from panamas.biz worth their money? The lower grades are under $30, which is within my price range for a straw, but I'm not sure if they'd be worth it.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
One more question: are the Cuenca hats from panamas.biz worth their money? The lower grades are under $30, which is within my price range for a straw, but I'm not sure if they'd be worth it.

I don't believe that your going to find equal quality hats anywhere for less. It there are worth it depends on what you want. If that is the type hat you want and they are within your budget, they're worth the price.

Lord Snooty

New in Town
stetson stratoliner

Thinking of purchasing a stetson Stratoliner in silverbelly. Any info would be valuable as to quality, size and any alternatives. ie; akubra stylemaster.

Jabus

New in Town
Did anyone ever "pin" their hats? I had a friend recommend doing it, it doesn't look bad but I was wondering if it was ever done back in the day. Also if it was, how was the side of the hat held up, would it ruin the hat if it stayed in this position for a prolonged period of time? Since, I'm not sure pinning a fedora is the proper term, i've included this absolutely poorly drawn image to describe what I mean. It basically involves getting one side of the brim to go straight upwards.
Before and After
BZg5R.jpg

Lord Snooty

New in Town
Stetson Straoliner

Been thinking of purchasing a Stetson Stratoliner in silverbelly and any info regarding quality, sizing and alternatives ie: Akubra Stylemaster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112