Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Yeah, thats what I'm looking at right now! Just trying to figure out how I'm gonna pay for it! I've been temp laid off from my daycare job, and the Personal credit card is for groceries. I may have to take out an Ebay card. :confused:
I met a fellow last summer ...complimented him on his fedora. He told me it was a 15 year old Penman. His only hat and a daily wearer. The hat looked broken in and used but still in fantastic shape. don't think you can go wrong...this one has been refurbished as well.

Yeah Right

New in Town
Okay. So I was suggested that I tried this thread. I need some help to identify and date a great hat I found.. I hope there are some hat connoisseurs here who can help. I don´t have much information, other than the company who sold it closed in 1983, so it is a relatively old hat, which is strange considering how good a condition it is in. Any help will be appreciated in regards to type, brand, possible manufacturer and age. I´m not looking to sell it, so that´s not why I´m interested, I´m curious about the history.

Attachments

• IMG_9005res.jpg
    IMG_9005res.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_9013res.jpg
    IMG_9013res.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_9014res.jpg
    IMG_9014res.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_9015res.jpg
    IMG_9015res.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 424

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Okay. So I was suggested that I tried this thread. I need some help to identify and date a great hat I found.. I hope there are some hat connoisseurs here who can help. I don´t have much information, other than the company who sold it closed in 1983, so it is a relatively old hat, which is strange considering how good a condition it is in. Any help will be appreciated in regards to type, brand, possible manufacturer and age. I´m not looking to sell it, so that´s not why I´m interested, I´m curious about the history.
Looks 70s or 80s to me. I would have no idea as to the maker.

If you use Google to search The Fedora Lounge you’ll find a few mentions of this brand. You might also ask @Chepstow and @mayserwegener if they can shed any light on it.

Yeah Right

New in Town
thanks to @Bill Hughes and @deadlyhandsome.. Much appreciated. I´m curious.. Why do you think it´s 70 or 80? any specific design patterns to indicate this? It fits with my discovery of the seller going out of business early 80, but other than that?

Dent

New in Town
Looks like a standard fedora but with wide ribbon work (2+") and a telescope bash in the top...no pinches. Looks to have a high crown, at least 4 1/2" but hard to say as the camera angle might be distorting it. The brim looks to be 2 1/4" but again may be distorted from the angle and perhaps 2 1/2". He is wearing it at a rakish angle with more of the front brim snapped down.

I found the Abukra Rap, that looks pretty much like it
https://hatsdirect.com/collections/fashion/products/rap

I found the Abukra Rap, that looks pretty much like it
https://hatsdirect.com/collections/fashion/products/rap
Looks like a standard fedora but with wide ribbon work (2+") and a telescope bash in the top...no pinches. Looks to have a high crown, at least 4 1/2" but hard to say as the camera angle might be distorting it. The brim looks to be 2 1/4" but again may be distorted from the angle and perhaps 2 1/2". He is wearing it at a rakish angle with more of the front brim snapped down.

Essentially this... Fedora with a telescope (porkpie style) crown

62D8D1CE-1DEB-4A6C-ABE3-8CF5F7A4C131.jpeg
A73114E5-ECE1-4320-8B3E-B095CE5D1A04.jpeg

And.. I’ll put these two together cause how often would I have a photo of me and Fred wearing a similar hat :)

4F1AD6BB-99EF-44FE-81A3-1887BE98E0DB.jpeg

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
thanks to @Bill Hughes and @deadlyhandsome.. Much appreciated. I´m curious.. Why do you think it´s 70 or 80? any specific design patterns to indicate this? It fits with my discovery of the seller going out of business early 80, but other than that?
The sweatband is black. Typically they were not black until the 70s. Also the size tag does not give a single numbered size.

georgie girl

One of the Regulars
I have a question because this is a very large site. I saw a seemingly popular hat on esty for a very good price however it isn't my size. Is there a area on FedoraLounge that is appropriate to mention this to others that might be interested?

I have a question because this is a very large site. I saw a seemingly popular hat on esty for a very good price however it isn't my size. Is there a area on FedoraLounge that is appropriate to mention this to others that might be interested?

There could be some passionate feelings on this topic. Not only are we fellow enthusiasts here, we are also competitors. I’d say that live auctions, other than your own, should not be shared. If it’s an item for sale then I don’t see the harm in sharing it. Mostly, the regulars here know what styles and sizes other regulars wear and we send private messages here so no feathers get ruffled.

I think posting a hat for sale (not auction) here is fine, in fact I think it’s thoughtful and kind. I say go for it. The best thread is one labeled “Other than eBay hats: victories, defeats, gripes, and items of interest.”

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...items-of-interest.54417/page-139#post-2664787

I’m a 7 5/8 or 7 3/4 so if you see anything in my size.... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points