Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where did your user name come from??

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
My user name emanates from Tomasso Campanella . I was tutored and mentored by an uncle who was a Jesuit educator. Whenever I became obstinate (Who me!) he would call me Tomasso instead of my given name, which is Thomas. It was actually meant as a compliment and was accompanied by an approving glint in his eyes.

rue

My user name emanates from Tomasso Campanella . I was tutored and mentored by an uncle who was a Jesuit educator. Whenever I became obstinate (Who me!) he would call me Tomasso instead of my given name, which is Thomas. It was actually meant as a compliment and was accompanied by an approving glint in his eyes.

You are such an interesting person Tomasso..... :)

Mine comes from part of the title of a famous Golden Age tune.

Stormy Weather?

Dated Guy

Familiar Face
A friend purchased a pre-WW2, 10" diameter Ammeter made in Berlin. It has all the wording on the face in Germanic Gothic Script of some superb design and I fell in love with it, I still am. I declared that all writing should be done like this, and his mother replied with "You are so dated".... it has stuck ever since. Then after joining F.L., I imagined any member should have a certain Americanized monicker, hence the guy part... and there you have it, plus, I am rather ancient anyway and loathe the modern world somewhat...!!!

The Private Eye

Familiar Face
My username ? After 2 years in the army, at 20, I've decided to be a private investigator. Two friends of mine did it too. I wasn't enough a good student, so...[huh]
Why a P.I ? My friends love "Magnum". Me ? Mike Hammer of course ! A real man !:D

rotebander

New in Town
"Rote Bänder" is german for "Red Ribbons." My family comes from a mainly German community in Iowa, and I usually wear a red ribbon in my hair.

IndianaWay

New in Town
I grew up hearing a lot of country/bluegrass music. Can't say I'm a big fan of all of it, but I do really like one song - part of the chorus is "... On a little red barn on a farm down Indiana way." When I think of my favorite parts of growing up and living in rural Indiana, that song comes to mind.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
When I think of my favorite parts of growing up and living in rural Indiana, that song comes to mind.
Not a Hoosier here but my favorite Indiana song is.......

[video=youtube;0ILt3wNTZ7Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ILt3wNTZ7Q[/video]

overlord4215

New in Town
overlord refers to a particularly powerful lord, who has power over many people and/or power over other lords. the numbers are from a little piece of metal my employer gave me that allows me to accomplish the former.

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
Mine refers to my first sports car and its year. A recently restored 1966 Jaguar E-Type with a complete nuts/bolts restoration, rotisserie painted. It has a new interior, rebuilt motor, brakes, suspension, and rear bolt on Independent Rear I owned it from 1974 until now. BTW it will be at the Quail Lodge Event featuring over 50 Jaguars of varying years in Monterey. To celebrate the 50th year of the introduction of the E-type in 1961. The Pebble Beach concours, and
http://www.quaillodgeevents.com/pages/thequail.cgi Should be agreat event.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24